The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wrigley

Wrigley Bear, Mrs. Wriglesby, Wriggy, Wriggy Piggy. On December 12th, we lost a very special family member. Wrigley, our eight-and-a-half year old English Bulldog, passed away unexpectedly. Although I have had quite a few dogs in my life, I can honestly say Wrigley was the absolute best. She was Nick's baby, as I didn't come around until she was about a year old, but she became ours. After a six-month period of chewing my most expensive shoes as a form of protest, I became hers as well. She brought us so much joy and love over the years, and became Brixon's best friend, which is the best (and most difficult) part. He continues to ask about her each day, and we continue to tell him that she went to Heaven to meet Jesus. In time, he will forget, but we never will. We love you, Wrigley.











2 comments:

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Casey, you guys have had a rough month. I am so sorry you lost your sweet Wrigley! :-(

Casey said...

Thanks...yeah, it has been a tough few weeks :(