Friday night was the tree lighting and Holly Days downtown, and yesterday morning was the Christmas Parade. Last night, Higher Ground had their Christmas showcase, and it was a success! We were super busy last week with tech and dress rehearsals, but the students did another phenomenal job! We also attended our first Christmas party of the season last night...if you want to know whether or not we had fun, I'll just tell you that by the end of the night, Nick was on the bar rapping "I Like Big Butts..." And let's just throw in the fact that I spent Friday night in the ER because I had some random allergic reaction to something, and developed these huge, swollen hives all over my body! They're not as swollen or red anymore, but they've now turned into bruises (?). I'll be at the doctor first thing tomorrow to get this figured out...I'll let you know when you can catch me on the Discovery Channel medical mysteries show ;)
We've also done our outdoor Christmas decorating, along with many of our neighbors. We have one house a few doors down that has a beautiful, life-size nativity scene in the front yard. My mom took Brixon for a walk to see it a few nights ago, and when they got home, Brix couldn't stop chatting about the 'baby ghost (goats), baby Jesus and the man cleanin' (which would be one of the Wise Men holding his staff ;))' HA! He never ceases to crack me up...
Here are a few photos from the Christmas Parade...enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment