The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Almost party time!"

My baby will be 2 on January 12. It actually hurts just to type it :) This weekend, we decided to have a jam session/family birthday celebration. I tried to keep it low-key this year, since we had a blowout 1st birthday party last year, but I couldn't resist. Although it didn't really help my breaking of his "Santa Claus is coming...more presents" habit! In fact, the only way we can get him to put his pants on in the morning is to tell him it's party time. Then he runs in his room, screaming "almost party time!," and eagerly pulls his jeans out of the drawer. So last week, I decided to invite all of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to listen to the band (we use the term loosely :D), and to have a little fun! This child loves music, especially playing the drums, so the two actually went hand-in-hand. We had a great time, the toybox is overflowing again, and the leftover cake is safely in the garbage can ;)







Papa's old drumset came in handy!





All of the picture frames held music-themed pictures of B















Thanks for the "Hot Mess" shirts, Carrie!











Ahhh, the face of concentration...


Shakin' a tailfeather with Nana!





"Choo-choos, GG!"

2 comments:

The Goodwin Family said...

What fun! I can't believe how big he is. Time sure flies having a little one around! Nicholas is already 6 months old!

Casey said...

It absolutely does fly!! I try and savor every minute...even when I'm doing my best just to maintain my composure during a meltdown ;)