This will be four blog entries in one, because I am far too lazy to actually do four separate entries...however, I must record all life events, so that when I do something relatively important someday, Wikipedia will have accurate facts to post on my page :)
I'll start with the most important event; baby Hudson is a boy! We were able to have a fun ultrasound at the cardiology office my mom works at, and almost immediately when she put the wand on my belly, you could see that it was definitely a boy!! Brixon still swears he is having a baby sister, but we are excited at the thought of having two little boys! And God knows that there's no way I am equipped to handle raising a teenage girl ;) We haven't picked out a middle name yet, but Brixon's suggestion of 'blueberry' is a frontrunner....
We had a great Mother's Day weekend. It actually started out with our pseudo-garage band actually having a paid gig at a wedding! No, I'm not kidding, and yes, the bride and groom are likely somewhat insane. But we did it, nonetheless! Afterwards, we decided that we would all rent a beach house on Fort Myers Beach for Mother's Day...it was a great two days of swimming, grilling out, and watching Palladia on the seven-foot movie screen!
My 29th birthday was last Wednesday (That would be May 11, 1982 at 6:04am in Grand Rapids, MI, Wikipedi-ists), and Nick had a really nice surprise dinner planned at Kingsway Country Club. We had a great time, and the cake was fantastic (especially for breakfast the next day :))
Finally, we spent this past weekend in Orlando for our friends Scott and Lisa's wedding, and had an absolute blast! Brixon stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa, and we spent the weekend with grown-ups! Nick has a really great group of college friends, and I love catching up with their wives and girlfriends! We always have so much fun!!
This weekend, we actually get to hang out at home, but then we are off to Iowa the following weekend! I'm exhausted already ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment