I will put this in writing; it will probably only happen once, so remember it. Nick was right. Mmm hmm. He was right. When he told me a few months ago that he and his dad wanted to bring Here Come the Mummies into Punta Gorda to do a show, I thought he was out of his mind. I didn't doubt that he could put on a great concert; after all, he's already put on three excellent shows. But I didn't think Punta Gorda was ready for this band. If you haven't heard of them, they are a group of phenomenal musicians, who perform a lot of great songs...some of which contain adult themes ('Attack of the Weiner Man,' anyone?!?). I had seen them on TV and on YouTube, and told Nick no way. Of course, he didn't listen, and they decided to bring them here anyway. The Boogiemen and the always-popular Greg Billings Band rounded out the bill for FunkFest 2010, that completely rocked Punta Gorda on November 6th. I stand completely corrected. It was an absolutely amazing show, entertaining from start to finish!! In fact, I actually suggested that we fly to Indianapolis for their show on New Year's!! Little B is probably the biggest (and youngest) fan they have...we can't go a day without him pleading to watch the DVD ('mummies, mommy...pleeeeease...'). Normal children request Elmo; my child requests a band whose members are named Teste Verde and The Flu, among others....Making the weekend even more of a great time were the family and friends that came down! Enjoy the photos...and if the Mummies ever come to your town, do yourself a favor and go see them. You absolutely won't regret it!
No comments:
Post a Comment