The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mom, there's sand in my diaper!!!

On Sunday, my mom and I went to lunch and decided to take an impromptu trip to the beach. We headed out to Boca Grande, and had a great time (even though I was in a jean skirt!) We bought a beach umbrella, found a few t-shirts to sit on in the abyss of Nick's car (it's even worse than his office!), and enjoyed a Sunday on the Gulf of Mexico. Brixon absolutely loves being outside, and even kept his T-Rex sunglasses on the whole time we were there! It was too cute!!!

As far as development goes, B has been doing lots of new things!! In the past couple of weeks, he started really acknowledging that he recognizes me! Every time I go to take him out of his crib, or when I come into his line of vision, he gets this huge grin on his face! Nothing in the world could ever make me feel the way that I do when he smiles at me!!! He has also discovered his hands, and sucks on them really loudly!!! He can reach out and grasp objects, and now he even sleeps in his crib! Alright, so I took it apart and reassembled it in our bedroom...but still!!! Just when I think that it couldn't get any better, it does! I can't wait to see what the next day will bring...




No comments: