The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...
Friday, November 21, 2008
In the home stretch...
So I technically have about 9 weeks left until my due date, but judging my my rather "robust" midsection, the doctor thinks little B will be here early. I am counting down the days...not only because I am starting to get incredibly uncomfortable, but because I am so ready to have him here! Nick tells Brixon and me every day how much he can't wait for his "little buddy" to be here. You would never know that before I got pregnant, Nick didn't really have a strong desire either way to have children. He has been so incredible throughout this process. I had a really rough pregnancy in the beginning, and I am so thankful that I have such a supportive, concerned husband. It is really important to have someone who doesn't make you think you are being completely ridiculous and irrational, which you probably are, throughout your pregnancy. Whether I am crying over not being able to fit into anything but sweats and his t-shirts, or stressing out over how everything is going to get done before Brixon arrives, Nick is always a kind and loving voice of reason. And his love and encouragement has only gotten stronger by the day. I have never seen him actually have the motivation to assemble anything (usually that's my job), but when it came to the nursery furniture and stroller, he literally could not wait to get it all put together! I got an urgent text message from him the other day telling me that our dresser finally came in, followed by "YAHOO!" all in caps! Nothing makes me happier than seeing Nick's face and hearing the excitement in his voice when he talks about Brixon. I am so lucky to have Nick in my life, and I cannot wait to see him "in action" as a dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is amazing how pregnancy can transform a husband into a father, isn't it? Wait until Brixon is here, just when you thought you couldn't love your husband any more than you already do, you see him holding your child - heart melty goodness!
I can't wait! Only 8 weeks left!!!
Post a Comment