The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Three weeks apart, two pregnant chicks...

...and a partridge in a pear tree... :). Poor Nick. He got stuck bringing Chantil and me to the Naples Zoo on Sunday, where it was hot and we were cranky. I think he would have rather shoved an ice pik in his right eye, but he hung in there like a trooper. Luckily Ryan rescued him in time for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

So little baby Nemec has been moving like crazy! I am starting to feel it a little more each day, especially around 8 or 9pm. Today, I had lunch at a doctor's office, and either Baby Nemec loves hummus and pita bread or he really loves hearing about lipidology. I am counting down until the last week in August/first week in September, when we will finally be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

As I promised a few weeks ago, here are more fun questions surrounding pregnancy...

1.) Why can I not wait until I get home from the grocery store before I start eating the first thing that I can reach out of the backseat? Geez...I only live 3 miles away!
2.) Why is it that people cannot maintain eye contact with me anymore? I mean, I realize they're getting ridiculously huge (I've been waiting my whole life to say that!), but it seems a little inappropriate....wait, what? You said they're looking at my stomach?!?....oh........nevermind :/
3.) Why does nothing fit me anymore? I am only four months pregnant!!! I'm going to be the size of a small mastodon by the time this is all over... perhaps #1 may explain...
4.) Why is it that when two people are riding in a pickup truck, the passenger ALWAYS has to sit in the middle seat? Completely irrelevant to pregnancy, but perplexing nonetheless...

Okay, that's all I can do for the day. I need a nap.

No comments: