The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Candy is Dandy...

A few months back, when Nick asked me what I wanted to do for my 30th, I told him I wanted a party. But not just any party; a Willy Wonka themed bash. Yes, I realize that I'm 30, not 5, but it is one of my favorite movies, and I knew it would be a great time. Little did he know what he got himself into :) Thanks to him, Tara, Chantil, Ginny, Matt, Carrie, Kelly, my mom and dad, and lots of other Oompa Loompas, I had the absolute best birthday party ever. It was kind of like 'My Super Sweet Sixteen,' only with alcohol and without the limited edition Range Rover parked outside ;) They thought of every detail; cotton candy and chocolate martinis, the biggest candy buffet you've ever seen, a photobooth (complete with a scrapbook for everyone to post their photos in and sign), the band learning my favorite John Mayer song ('Assassin'), sparklers on my cake, and about 4 million balloons (apparently adults love balloons. Popping them was the hit of the night. Cleaning guy the next morning? Not so much). We started the night at Opus with our friends from Sarasota and Tampa, and ended it with a night at the Wyvern. With lots of fun in between...see for yourself...

The perfect accessory! (from Kat Rea at kittylitter3 on Etsy!!)



 Please take note of the slide show playing in the background. I owe a few people some punches in the face for about ten of those pictures ;)





 Only my dad could come up with something this cool!












 This cake was unbelievable! (In Your Face Cupcakes in PG)




















No comments: