The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"HaPPY, HaPPY!"

I never would have thought just how funny this kid could be! I mean, he is related to Nick and my Dad, so I should have known...but at 18 months?!?! He loves saying "haPPY!," but these days, he says it mid-breakdown. So now when he's crying hysterically, he'll say "happppyy....happpyyyy." Ha! Not very convincing :) He's also very innovative; a few weeks ago, I gave him a bowl of macaroni and cheese for dinner. I was folding the the laundry, and turned for ONE second (every mother's famous last word), and turn back to see the bowl on his head, noodles and sauce dripping down his face, shouting "HAT! HAT!" He was so proud of himself, like he discovered what the bowl was really for. Hehe!!! When he wants us to pick him up, he says "heavy! heavy!" That's what we always say when we carry him ("you're so heavy!), so now he thinks that means to hold him! He loves to look at me in the rear view mirror when we're in the car and make kissing sounds and faces *mwah!*...so precious :) And he loves his friends at school...he has one friend named Sarah, and on the way to school, he always says "Rarah! Rarah!" When we ride in the car, if he sees a car that looks like my mom's, dad's, Matt's, Carrie's, Tara's or Nick's, he'll say "Mimi!" "Papa!", etc. I'm always so shocked at the associations he's able to make. The other day I was doing laundry, and he saw a dress that I wear to work, and said "Mom!" We bought him a little potty, and he's showing a lot of interest in it, but I'm not exactly sure where to start...we'll get there :) Next week, we're headed to Orlando for three days for a work meeting, and Grandma Carrie will be joining us to watch B. Then Thursday, Nick and I are going to Chicago for six days for vacation and Nick's friend Ankur's wedding! We are really looking forward to it, although we aren't bringing Brixon....slight anxiety :) He'll love a week with his Grandparents, though! And I'm pretty sure they're excited, too ;) We'll fill you in on our adventures when we get back!!

And here are a few of the photos that I was telling you about a few weeks ago.....








No comments: