The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Proof that we can have a good time anywhere...

May 11th was my 28th birthday. A Tuesday. The day on which I was born, however not conducive to a massive bash. So instead, we got some family and friends together at the last minute and headed to Visani Comedy Club for a Murder Mystery Dinner Show! Although we were the youngest people in the audience by about 30 years (I live in Charlotte County, so I'm not 100% sure why this was surprising), we had such a great time. In fact, I don't think anyone there would have had as much fun without our table :) I am thankful to be surrounded by such a thoughful, fun group of people!
And after reading my last blog post, I realized I left out a lot of fun stuff that Brixon is doing these days! He loves being read to, and will bring you book after book. He points to everything on every page, and makes you say what it is. He absolutely adores Wrigley ("giggy"), and follows her EVERYWHERE! He lays on her, sits on her, scratches her belly...and she puts up with it! What a good girl. He loves music and dancing, and especially loves playing outside. In fact, he'll let you know when he wants to go out. He'll go get your shoes and bring them to you, then wait by the front door! He does the same thing when he's hungry. He goes over to the refrigerator, and makes you go through each and every item, shaking his head 'no' until he finds what he wants. Then he goes over to his high chair and waits for you to put him in it! We had our neighbor watch him one night, and he did the shoe thing, and she was cracking up! Then when she let Wrigley back inside, he grabbed her hand and brought her to the treat jar. He loves giving Wrigley her treats...he thinks it's so funny! Then after he did that, he walked her over to the sink and pointed, so she could help him wash his hands! haha!! I'm glad he's learning to be a compulsive hand-washer just like his mom :) Every day he keeps me on my toes, wondering just what he's going to do next. I just love that kid!






No comments: