The musings of a wife, mom, and thirty-something who will pretty much try anything...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brixon! You're ONE!

I knew this day was coming. I've been dreading it since the day Brixon was born. January 12, 2010. Brixon's 1st Birthday. An official reminder that I no longer have a baby....I have a toddler. Alright, so it isn't that bad. But it is a little sad! After a stressful day of work training, and my mom having to bring Brix into the doctor where he was diagnosed with croup (yes, on his birthday :(), we had the grandparents and Kiki over for dinner and cake to celebrate. The real bash is on Sunday, so we kept this one low key. We watched DVD's of Brixon's first year (okay, people, to parents and grandparents, this is better than American Idol!!!), watched Brix attack his cake! Yes, we gave him the whole sheet cake and let him go! Let me tell you, he is my son! He loooooved it! It was an early night, and B crashed at 7:45. Although he'll probably wake up at 9 and be up the rest of the night after all of that cake he ate!!! But I have to say, this has been the most exciting, emotional, unbelievable year of my life. No matter how much you anticipate how it will feel being a mom, it is impossible to know just how wonderful and joyous it really is. When you hear people say that it feels like Christmas every day, they aren't lying (although when he's a teenager, I might say otherwise!). The feeling that I get every morning when I go to take him out of his crib, and he's smiling, saying "mamamama" is irreplaceable. Every moment of his life is so exciting and blessed, and I am so thankful that I can call myself Brixon's mom :)


This is way better than peas, mom!!!




A sick and very crabby birthday boy!



No comments: