Ahhh...my first day as a blogger. This is exciting :) I decided to start this page because Nick and I are expecting our first baby in January of 2009, and we want to share our experiences with friends and family who aren't nearby. We wish you could be here with us, but trust me...by the time the baby is here, you'll feel like you were here!!! I am thrilled to be a mom, and yes, Nick even shed a little tear at the ultrasound (don't tell him I told you that ;) )! It will also be the first grandchild on both sides of the family, so needless to say, the grandparents are SO excited! I'm not so sure the dogs are ready to share yet, though. Especially Sushi! This could be a problem!
I am just about nine weeks along, and the weird cravings have already started. I haven't eaten beef or pork in months, and now all I want are hamburgers and BLT's! Flavor-Ice's, Doritos and Butterfingers are also high on the list. Good nutrition right from the beginning!!! Well, I'll be back soon with pictures from our ultrasound...
2 comments:
Congrats Casey! Great blog you started! If you need any advice, let me know, I was just in your shoes! I craved some pretty bad stuff in the very beginning (like chilhood food - spaghetti-os, mac and cheese, you name it!) and after the first trimester it was all healthy stuff, you're appetite for the bad should taper off soon! :-) You are going to be such a fab preggo! :-)
I'm so happy for you both and wish I could be there to see Casey's growth. Keep a good photo diary.
Watch out for the cravings. I lived on donuts and milk and the 'baby fat' was really hard to get rid of. It will be nice to see meat on your bones - from beef, pork, chicken or donuts!
Most people have trouble finding a babysitter. You'll have 'Grandparents Family Feud' with them fighting over who's going to watch little Nemec this weekend. Not a bad problem to have.
Keep writing - it's good for you. So is prenatal yoga.
Love you both.
Post a Comment